In this post we are going to learn how to use Demonstrative Pronouns in English.
We use demonstrative pronouns to point something out. The demonstrative pronouns are THIS, THAT, THESE and THOSE.
Let’s learn how to use each one of them:
* THIS (singular / near) – This picture (here) is so beautiful.
* THAT (singular / far) – That picture (there) is very strange.
* THESE (plural / near) – These flowers (here) are so pretty.
* THOSE (plural / far) – Those flowers (there) are very expensive.
* We can use this on the phone:
This is me.
* We also use this to introduce people:
This is my friend Mary.
* We can use that to talk about something that has happened:
That was a really nice meal.
* We also use that to talk about something that somebody just said:
Mark got a new job.
Oh, I didn’t know that!